miercuri, 9 aprilie 2008

BABEL: WE DON'T FEAR CHELSEA


For the Reds number 19, this will be the first time he has played in a Champions League semi-final and he said it is one he will relish.

"It will be a massive game," said Babel. "I saw the previous semi-finals between Liverpool and Chelsea on television and they were very tight matches with not much to choose between the two teams.

"We are both big clubs so we will both be looking to get through to the final. It will be a very difficult game but we do not have any fear.

"This is why I signed for Liverpool. I wanted to play for a team which can go far in the Champions League and maybe win the competition and Liverpool have done this many times."

The Dutch international admitted he really enjoyed his outing against Arsenal and described the occasion as one of the best moments of his career.

"He {Benitez} just told me that we needed some energy, just the normal things that he says to me when I'm coming on as a substitute. It was nothing special but when Arsenal equalised to make it 2-2 I knew that we only had a few minutes to try and go for the third goal.

"It is one of the biggest moments of my career. It really was unbelievable.

"The keeper was not central, he was more to the left of the goal, so the right corner was wide open so I decided to put it there and he couldn't reach it. He actually made it easy for me.

"It was a great feeling because we were playing Arsenal in the quarter-finals and it meant we had knocked them out so it was a very good feeling for me."

2 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

A Liverbird upon my chest
We are the men, of Shankly's best
A team that plays the Liverpool way
And wins the championship in May

Sebastyan spunea...

u are right...we will win the champions league in May:x